The Real Supermum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should the medical profession force-feed anorexics as part of their treatment?

+3
cavechell
KayleenLexiRosesMummy
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Should the medical profession force-feed anorexics as part of their treatment? Empty Should the medical profession force-feed anorexics as part of their treatment?

Post  Admin Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:14 pm

Should the medical profession force-feed anorexics as part of their treatment?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://therealsupermum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Should the medical profession force-feed anorexics as part of their treatment? Empty Re: Should the medical profession force-feed anorexics as part of their treatment?

Post  KayleenLexiRosesMummy Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:50 pm

nooooo when i suffered with it that was the last thing i would want but with help and support now reached a healthy weight. x

KayleenLexiRosesMummy

Back to top Go down

Should the medical profession force-feed anorexics as part of their treatment? Empty yes/no

Post  cavechell Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:54 pm

If they are going to died and it would save them then yes.
but only if they were going to as if before it could the person suffer more

cavechell

Back to top Go down

Should the medical profession force-feed anorexics as part of their treatment? Empty no way

Post  libbygibson Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:56 pm

i think it would just make the matter worse to force feed them

libbygibson

Back to top Go down

Should the medical profession force-feed anorexics as part of their treatment? Empty Re: Should the medical profession force-feed anorexics as part of their treatment?

Post  bex-joshua's-mummy Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:57 pm

Te no té i dont think they should be able to x

bex-joshua's-mummy

Back to top Go down

Post  bex-joshua's-mummy Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:59 pm

That was meant to say no x

bex-joshua's-mummy

Back to top Go down

Post  Abbie Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:01 pm

I do think anorexics should be tube fed if they're below a certain weight and litterally have a short time to live. And once they reach a safe weight and aren't in danger, then work with them via doctors, councillors etc to help them get back to being healthy! x
Abbie
Abbie

Back to top Go down

Post  Jooolie Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:08 pm

I think NO if they want to die then its up to them the same as assisited suicide ya cant make them do something they dont want to :/ xx

Jooolie

Back to top Go down

Post  Abbie Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:09 pm

The thing is, 99% of anorexics don't WANT to die, most just want to be skinny, but their head is telling them that they're fat!
Abbie
Abbie

Back to top Go down

Post  Jooolie Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:12 pm

I cant really comment more as im not one or have never been close to it!.....BUT they know if they dont eat they will die?!?!...Again i cant really say its just my opinion :/

Jooolie

Back to top Go down

Post  Abbie Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:22 pm

I understand hun, but I think part of it it body dysmorphic disorder, which means in their brain they don't realise that is going to happen. They just want to be skinny, their brain does not process the consequences.

Thats just what I know from people I know - iykwim?

x
Abbie
Abbie

Back to top Go down

Post  Jooolie Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:26 pm

Hmmm i see what your sayin....i want to know if there is people who are fat....who see themselves thin like the opposite?? xx

Jooolie

Back to top Go down

Post  cavechell Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:30 pm

Jooolie wrote:Hmmm i see what your sayin....i want to know if there is people who are fat....who see themselves thin like the opposite?? xx

There are some big people that dont think that they are what they are until medical people tell them as they get used to what they see.

cavechell

Back to top Go down

Post  Jooolie Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:31 pm

Is there a medical term for it...like aneroxia? xx

Jooolie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down