The Real Supermum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Franklin Page Monteiro 07/07/09 @ 2.42am

Go down

Franklin Page Monteiro 07/07/09 @ 2.42am Empty Franklin Page Monteiro 07/07/09 @ 2.42am

Post  Micapage Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:49 am

I was due on 3rd May 2009. Woke up at around 5am on the 5th to go to the toilet (as you do in late pregnancy,lol) and got back into bed. As i turned over i felt some liquid come out of me, and thought hmm cant be wee coz i've just been. So got up out of bed, as my waters decided to gush down my leg as i got up. Went up to hospital at 7am, to be examined and to check that it was my water, to be sent home as my labour hadm't actually started. I was told to return the next morning if i didny go into labour myself. So on May 6th i was up at the hospital waiting to be induced at 9am. The finally put the syntocin drip in at 11.30am (the midwife informed me i should have an epidural as the drip makes it much worse, but i declined). I used my birth ball to deal with the pain until 8pm that night when i decidded to try some gas and air, which made me feel dizzy. I was examined and found to be 5cm dilated, so decided an epidural was best for me. By midnight 7th May i was fully dilated and ready to start pushing. After an hour and half of not getting anywhere they called the doctor in who examined me and found my Sons head was wedged sideways so wouldn't be coming down on his own. He tried to pull his head so it was straight to come out, but that didn't work. He then attached a ventouse to his head and tried twice but both times went flying across the room with the ventouse in his hand, lol! So out came the forceps, and after my episiotomy and one huge push my baby was finally delivered onto my chest at 2.42am. Then as i was being stitched up, i threw up all over the doctor doing my stitches, haha, he must have loved me!!
Micapage
Micapage

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum