The Real Supermum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ava Lock 21/07/10

Go down

Ava Lock 21/07/10 Empty Ava Lock 21/07/10

Post  lucy-anne Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:32 am

The day before i was being monitored at the hospital for reduced movements and had to book and scan the next day

Day started out good. had phone call from the scan people and had a appointment for the next day.
walked to my mum's as Leo was going out with his dad, it looked like it was going to rain so stayed for a while until the sun came out.
walked out the door and looked around and saw a man walking so i started walking to the doctor's to give them a letter that the hospital said i had to give them.
I then started to think he was following me so i speeded up and it was actually a fast walk, i must have looked RIDICULOUS... lol! But it did hurt and was rather achey and then the sky decided to open up and i only had a little cardigan on.
I then didn't have the energy to walk home fron the bus stop but i had to push myself.. lucky wasn't far but still got soaked!
Got home and started feeling uncomfortable, Jon rang me and i told him so he said to just relax. but i got up to do the washing up, lucky place was tidyish anyway..
Jon got here, went to pick up Leo, stopped off at sainbury's, i waited in the car, getting pains but thought they was braxton hicks. and was getting all hot as the sun was shining in the car..
Got to mum's and sat down.
Before we left tidied up the toy's Leo had been playing with and i remember snapping at Jon to help me as i was getting pains (they did not know)
got home, put Leo to bed and Jon cooked me some dinner (fish with salad yummm) before i decided to take advice a mum gave me and have a bath.
Got in the bath, pain's eased off so Jon decided to get some petrol, soon as he walked out the door OUCHIE did that contraction hurt.. i knew baby was coming then, sat on the toilet just hoping it might be constipation lol but then wanted to push so put a t-shirt on (which funnily enough was my going home t-shirt from the hospital)
put some towels down on the floor and led down. text Jon, got no reply so i rang him and then rang my mum to come look after Leo.
they both knew.
Jon got home to find me on the floor, legs open ready to push. (lovely sight for him)
the next few bits are a little blurry, i pushed 2/3 maybe 4 times, didn't even think that my water's hadn't broken until Jon said after.
when Ava came out i didn't hear her cry and just as i looked up she cried.
Jon got some towels and placed her on me.
just as my mum and dad came up. mum stayed with me, she sat on the toilet and we waited for the ambulance.
when they came, Jon cut the cord and she was taken away while i had to deliver the placenta. Ava was born about half 8 and it was getting onto half 9ish.
after a while they decided to take me to the hospital to have the injection but when i stood up i felt a gush of something and then had to get back down and push out the placenta, i was told to puff on gas and air, i don't think i needed to but hey ho, why not? lol
it did take a while to push it out and then i had to get up, through all this i was laying on Leo's stool, not comfortable.
i then had to walk down the flight of stairs and once at the hospital i didn't get a bed till gone 12.. i was exhausted BUT it was heaven when i could lay on my front =D

it wasn't till a couple weeks later i remembered that i had found some blood in my pants that made me think i had lost my plug a few weeks before giving birth x

lucy-anne

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum