The Real Supermum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Academic qualifications are commonly felt to give a person the best chance of success in life. How far is this true?

4 posters

Go down

Academic qualifications are commonly felt to give a person the best chance of success in life. How far is this true?  Empty Academic qualifications are commonly felt to give a person the best chance of success in life. How far is this true?

Post  Admin Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:07 pm

Academic qualifications are commonly felt to give a person the best chance of success in life. How far is this true?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://therealsupermum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Academic qualifications are commonly felt to give a person the best chance of success in life. How far is this true?  Empty Completely disagree

Post  cavechell Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:16 pm

I left school and then college with alot of qualifications could have gone on to uni but felt that at the time that I couldnt live with a 20k debt at the end of it without a job. I know alot of people that have gone to uni and not come out with a job in there field and have gone into a job anyone could have walked into. Also the fact that businesses want experience not certificates as most jobs have training to go with them or even go to uni as well as work which I think this opinion should be given more.

cavechell

Back to top Go down

Academic qualifications are commonly felt to give a person the best chance of success in life. How far is this true?  Empty disagree

Post  kayleighandbump Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:32 pm

i disagree. Although fair play to those who do have very good qualifications etc.

But personally i only have my gcse's from when i left school , and i personally feel that making a success of myself means bringing my baby into the world safe and healthy and giving him the best start in life i can. You dont have to have loads of qualifications on paper to be successful. I dont have paper qualifications but i will succeed in being the best mum i can be. And no one can teach you that in a classroom x
kayleighandbump
kayleighandbump

Back to top Go down

Academic qualifications are commonly felt to give a person the best chance of success in life. How far is this true?  Empty Disagree

Post  shygrl1989 Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:41 pm

I left School with 13 GCSE's then went to college to do a BTEC national diploma in Business Management with a-level Law and ICT. I also did and ILEX Legal Secretary qualification.

Wasn't too sure about going to Uni so decided to look for a job. Had countless interviews and got told qualifications were superb but "EXPERIENCE" let me down.
Its ridiculous working hard to get qualifications to better yourself only to be told you really shouldn't have bothered because no one will give you a starting platform....even tho I was volunteering for Acorns at the time.

Having my son changed my perspective on things he is my life and I work my bum off trying to be the best mum and always questioning what I am doing etc. Being a mother is better than any piece of paper or any pay packet an employer can throw at me x

shygrl1989

Back to top Go down

Academic qualifications are commonly felt to give a person the best chance of success in life. How far is this true?  Empty Re: Academic qualifications are commonly felt to give a person the best chance of success in life. How far is this true?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down