The Real Supermum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should there be a ban on television advertisements aimed at children?

2 posters

Go down

Should there be a ban on television advertisements aimed at children? Empty Should there be a ban on television advertisements aimed at children?

Post  Admin Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:10 pm

Should there be a ban on television advertisements aimed at children?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://therealsupermum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Should there be a ban on television advertisements aimed at children? Empty Yes

Post  shygrl1989 Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:32 pm

I think this would be a beneficial thing to do not only for children but for parents as well.

Children will put less pressure and guilt on parents. I remember growing up and always wanting things I saw on TV I never got them but I accepted that fast. My sister always went running to her dad and is a right handful.

Not all parents can afford to spend £60 on one toy especially when the children get sucked into the marketing schemes that companies use to ensure their products sell.

I know from a friend that in Ireland this does not occur therefore less pressure on parents to get everything the child wants. It should be a case of be grateful for what you have got instead of not being satisfied that they didn't get the most expensive toy on TV.

There may only be 5 years between me and my sister but the difference in what we got etc is far more vast than I ever had hence she is a brat.

shygrl1989

Back to top Go down