The Real Supermum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should doctors be allowed to prescribe contraception for girls under the age of 16?

5 posters

Go down

Should doctors be allowed to prescribe contraception for girls under the age of 16? Empty Should doctors be allowed to prescribe contraception for girls under the age of 16?

Post  Admin Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:23 pm

Should doctors be allowed to prescribe contraception for girls under the age of 16?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://therealsupermum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Should doctors be allowed to prescribe contraception for girls under the age of 16? Empty Re: Should doctors be allowed to prescribe contraception for girls under the age of 16?

Post  April<3 Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:27 pm

Admin wrote:Should doctors be allowed to prescribe contraception for girls under the age of 16?

Personally i feel that with the amount of young children becoming pregnant yes contraception should be prescribed to girls under the age of 16 if they want it. ans should be support with it and have more information about it. at 14 i found out i was pregnant it was 4 weeks before my 15th birthday and i was in total shock at 14 weeks i lost my baby two days after plucking up the courage to tell my parents no child should have to go through that but yes ever person knows the consequences of having unprotected sex but is enough really being done to help prevent it xx

April<3

Back to top Go down

Should doctors be allowed to prescribe contraception for girls under the age of 16? Empty Re: Should doctors be allowed to prescribe contraception for girls under the age of 16?

Post  MrsW76 Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:18 pm

I have 2 little girls and whilst it will be a LONGGGGG time before this becomes an issue for me (namely as I will have them locked in a cupboard until they are 18 ala Harry Potter lol) I have to say that I DO think this should be allowed. I would like to think that I will be a parent of teenagers that listens to her children BUT if either of my girls thinks that they can talk to me about this issue then I would hope that I'll have raised them well enough to be responsible & take precautions.

xx

MrsW76

Back to top Go down

Post  cavechell Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:06 am

Yes I think that as having sex under the age of 16 is against the law that contraception should be given to active teenagers and make them more aware of what could happen by not having safe sex.

I went to an all girls catholic school and wasnt told about safe sex and had to learn it from parents but I dont think this should be the case even in catholic schools.

cavechell

Back to top Go down

Should doctors be allowed to prescribe contraception for girls under the age of 16? Empty Yeah

Post  kayleighandbump Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:29 pm

Yeah i do beleive doctors should be able to prescribe it for girls under 16. Because at the end of the day atleast they have had the sense to go to the doctor for contraception rather than have secret sexytime and get pregnant. To be honest i didnt lose it until i was 16 anyway , but i would have been quite annoyed if i had wanted to before then and the doctor said no you cant have contraception. I feel its better for girls to be offered contraception than the alternative.

However i also think that when the girls go to the doctor that the doctor should have a word with them properly about how it is infact against the law at their age to be entering into sexual activity , and it could have very serious consequences. That way they cant say they didnt know what they were doing. x
kayleighandbump
kayleighandbump

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down